coffee

Koffee

coffee and zines

cheescake

000002

:)
Untitled

rose bakery



Untitled

I feel like some really good coffee now. I haven't had one for a while I realize. I thought I'd do another coffee post, most of these photos and cafe infos have been shared here before but now you can see them all in one post :)


01. cafe ohanaya - one of my favourite cafes in Jiyugaoka. they do lovely lunch using fresh vegetables from Kamakura. Italian style food and coffee, good selection of organic wines. Vey cosy and lovely but mostly packed with people especially busy hours like 12-3pm.
2-14-20 Jiyugaoka Meguro-ku (google map)
3-4 minutes from Jiyugaoka Station. Closed on Wednesdays and 2nd/3rd Tuesdays
website

02. OMOTESANDO KOFFEE CLOSED
Always so so good. See the previous post for details -->

03. Cafe 6-chome
Not that the coffee is amazing but the atmosphere and the food is really good.
Near Jiyugaoka. See the previous post -->

04. Cafe ikanika
You might have heard too much of it here if you are reading my blog for a while...
I'm missing their beautiful cheesecake!! See the previous post -->

05. Amameria Espresso
Musashikoyama may not be the area many of who visit Tokyo would go to, but they make great coffee.
If you are staying in Claska, it would be nice to take a morning walk to Musashikoyama (about 20mins) and also you can take a lovely forest walk in the Rinshi-no-mori Park on the way!
3-6-15 Koyama Shinagawa-ku (google map)
3-4 mins from Musashikoyama station (Meguro/Namboku Line), 1 stop from JR Yamanote Meguro Station.
website

06. Lo Spazio
Not the best, but one of not so many places to get Italian style espresso in the Gakugeidaigaku area.
3-3-5 Takaban Meguro-ku  2mins from Gakugeidaigaku station.

07. Pan to Espresso to (Bread, Espresso, &)
Cute cafe near Gaienmae/Omotesando.
3-4-9 Jingumae Shibuya-ku (google map)
website

08. Rose Bakery
They now have 4 cafes in Tokyo! I've only been to the one in Marunouchi and Ginza but Kichijoji one looks really nice.
See previous post -->

09. Taste & Sense
Lovely cafe to have in the neighborhood for coffee and lunch!
See previous post-->

10. Coffee at Home
We enjoy hand drip coffee on the weekend. We buy fresh coffee beans from Voila Coffee in Kagoshima, actually many of the great coffee places in Tokyo buy beans from them. They don't ship internationally but if live in Tokyo I recommend shopping from their online store :)


So, I feel like some really good coffee even more now.
Where is your favourite place for a really good cup of coffee in your city?

Hope you are enjoying summer, here it's boiling.... Keep cool!


UPDATED April 2017

This post is originally from 2013 and there have been countless of new coffee places opening all over Tokyo other than all above. My recent favourite is TORANOMON KOFFEE run by the same people of OMOTESANDO KOFFEE.


26 comments

  1. Thank you for posting this wonderful guide! Will be referencing often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this 'guide' posts :)

    i'm a coffee addict and i'm wishful thinking going to Japan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you do! I will try to do more of the "guide" posts :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing post! Omotesando Coffee has gotten a huge attention from tourists apparently...the photos are superb...please keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Omotesando Koffee was in the Japan issue of Kinfolk too, it's become REALLY popular.

      Delete
  4. Thank you ! These addresses are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope these will come useful for you if you come to Tokyo :)

      Delete
  5. This post makes me want to grab my husband and hop on the train into Tokyo for a date!! Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a sweet comment, do hop on the train into Tokyo ;)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing! I'm going to have to save this in bookmarks. I'm headed to Tokyo for the first time next month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sewon, how exciting you are taking your first trip to Tokyo!! I hope you pop in by my shop to say hi if you will be in the neighborhood! (though i only open on friday, saturday, sunday ..) :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much! Makes me want to hop on a plane and try them all right away! A really lovely selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like these!! Will try to share more like these :)

      Delete
  8. It is so beautiful..I can't drink it.it is to cruel..I will drink some tea instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm maybe I should do a Tokyo Tea House Guide then ;)

      Delete
  9. I just arrived home from Tokyo today. We had a few of these cafes on our to-do list but added a few from your suggestions too - they were all awesome, thank you! Had really wanted to visit your shop too but sadly couldn't quite get there before we flew out on Saturday. Next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess, I'm glad you could try some of these places while in Tokyo! Hope you had a wonderful time in Tokyo and can come back one day :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Hiki!

    Thanks for a great post! I think we'll get along well since I am also a coffee nut! I've been hunting great coffee around Tokyo area too!
    My favorite so far is Fuglen Tokyo near Yoyogi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fern!
      I have been wanting try Fuglen for a while but haven't got the chance yet! It looks and sounds so lovely. I must try soon!!

      Delete
    2. Yes! I really recommend Fuglen! I have also been cafe hopping around Tokyo myself! I will try Onibus near Jiyugaoka next time! :)

      Delete
  11. You can get a very good New Zealand flat white at Mojo Coffee near Kagurazuka station in shinjuku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sekimachihato (ohisasiburi!!) I hadn't heard of Mojo Coffee, when I go to Kagurazaka I will be sure to check it out! Thank you for the info :)

      Delete
  12. Do you know of any espresso near the embassies? I will be staying at the Okura across from the American embassy.

    Thanks so much, love your pics and suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara, hmmm near Okura... I can't think of one around there, closest would be Bar Del Sole in Roppongi but it'd be about 15-20mins walk from Okura. If I remember a place I will let you know!
      My shop is very close from Okura, if you have time and interest please pop in to say hi :) (open on fri, sat, sun only)

      Delete
  13. Thank you so much! I actually ended up booking a place by Shiba Park, but will try Bar del Sole and also visit your store. Again, thanks much! Best, Cara

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram