sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
sakura 2013 - Yanaka
Last week I went to Yanaka with lovely Ros and Kat, Yanaka is a really charming little neighbourhood near Ueno I can't believe it myself but I finally went there for the first time in my life (and yes I am from Tokyo!)!. I totally fell in love with this area, it's my new favourite neighbourhood now!
I got there early for our meeting time so I wondered around the sakura filled Yanaka Cemetery on my own and explored this absolutely gorgeous surrondings!! I LOVE YANAKA SO MUCH!!
 I will post about our fun afternoon from Yanaka in the next post :)

18 comments

  1. 桜はめっちゃ素晴らしいね。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ほんと、めっちゃ素晴らしいね!;)

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Yanaka but I'm glad to know about it from your lovely blog!
    For more sakura season visit mine, please www.moustachesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yanaka was so pretty especially because of sakura, but even without sakura it's a lovely area!

      Delete
  3. Blossoms in Japan look always beautiful. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all love cherry blossoms in Japan, what makes it so special is that they only last for a short time ;)

      Delete
  4. I love Yanaka, there's a lot of beautiful temples ! That's funny you never went there before. Your sakura pictures are gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was surprised to find temples everywhere, like in Kyoto or Kamakura! It is funny I never went there before, crazy hey!

      Delete
  5. Oh I used to live in Machiya so the area was just a few train stops away. I'm missing it now reading your words. Did you meet any cats along the way? They are so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lived in Machiya?? Wow, I thought it must be so nice to live around this area....!! I did spot some cats but not that many unfortunately. Must go back ;)

      Delete
  6. I love this area so much Hiki but I had not seen it in full bloom until now. It's beautiful. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so lucky to see Yanaka in full bloom, it was really amazing. I think you will love this area too Justine, I hope you can go explore around in your next visit to Japan (hopefully you will make it to Tokyo next time!!) :)

      Delete
  7. breathtaking! thanks for sharing...
    -

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram