Recently, on instagram

Earlier this morning we had little more snow in Tokyo, it's been a really cold winter. Nothing is left on ground any more though, sipping tea and looking at the beautiful clear blue sky up there out the window on Monday morning - very nice.

I had a really delicious & fun weekend, on Saturday I was invited to "let's open the miso crock feast" where we opened a miso crock which had been let sit down under the sink for a whole year in the host's kitchen. I had never seen the miso crock, or never had real homemade miso that fresh right out of the crock before - it. was. amazing! We had really good sake from Toyama while tasting the fresh miso with beautifully cooked meals it was all very delicious. (followed by more sake + good food on Sunday)

How was your weekend? I hope you had a great one and keeping warm! My feet are kept nice and warm with my new room socks I got from mieke willems :)

Happy Monday to all!

6 comments

  1. Whoa that miso looks amazing! I would love to try home-made miso one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, that miso was really really amazing!! I'm sure you can try it and do well, I heard that miso will turn different according to temperature and probably humidity also? so it would be interesting to see how the Sydney made miso will turn out!

      Delete
  2. That sounds so yummy homemade miso I wonder how it taste! I love the illustration for the little shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narumi, the illustration is by a wonderful Grace Lee, it's so nice isn't it! The miso was sooooo delicious! ;)

      Delete
  3. So good to see such a nice blog all written in english!
    Thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram